November 15, 2012
Remember Central Market Trust this November 30 as we participate in the Extraordinary Give. The Extraordinary Give is Lancaster County’s first 24-hour Online Giving Marathon, where every dollar donated at ExtraGive.org will be stretched by a $250,000 contribution from the Lancaster County Community Foundation.
Your donations to the Central Market Trust will be used to increase and continue to improve the experience of visiting Lancaster Central Market. We will do this by:
- Increasing the number of events held in and around the Market
- Providing additional seating inside and outside
- Creating a permanent display for all Market goers to learn more about the history of our amazing public Market
- Continuing to attract and keep vendors of choice
In addition, your donation will allow the Central Market Trust, the management of Lancaster Central Market, to reach out beyond the walls of our Market House to have an impact on our entire community. We are currently developing our strategic plan, looking at ways in which Market can impact others. Some of the preliminary ideas are:
- Working with local schools to conduct tours, participate in Wellness Nights and visit the classrooms to provide education on nutrition, history and the importance of public markets
- Working with local churches and other non-profits to get good food into the mouths of those that need it most
- Creating a Market district that will help add to the existing vibrancy of our downtown
It is an exciting time for the Central Market Trust. The renovation for the Market House has been completed, there is a waiting list of vendors wanting a stand at Market, buying fresh and local food has never been more important and re-development of our city center is underway.
Please consider being part of the current and future impact of Central Market Trust by donating during the Extraordinary Give. On November 30, 2012 go to ExtraGive.org and donate to Central Market Trust. Like Lancaster Central Market on facebook to be informed of up to the minute details.
Mark your calendars. Tell your friends. Give ExtraOrdinary.
Jessica Mailhot, Market Manager